Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kill Shelters!

Every morning my routine is more or less the same. Wake up, take the dogs out potty, run the dogs and cat (if she chooses to get on the treadmill, feed the dogs, feed the cat, clean the litter box, and then log onto my computer. Every morning, I am gullible enough to believe that I won't see anything that will make me sad and it will be fun to cruise Facebook. And every morning, I am sadly mistaken. Every morning, I see post like these. I start crying. I understand the need to make more room, but what I don't understand is why people go to breeders for a PURE BLOOD when there are amazing PURE BLOODS in the shelters. I do not believe I can portray how upset and angered I am by this in writing.


This is #273- Lab the Dog - Labrador Retriever

#273- Lab is scheduled to be put down at Columbus GA Animal Control TODAY! Contactbefore it's too late!
 
#273- Lab
Gender: Male    

Personality / Description

4910 Milgen Rd Columbus, GA 31907
706-653-4512

*Adult Animals- $75 inlcudes spay/neuter surgery, rabies shot, and microchip

*Puppies/Kittens- $65 includes spay/neuter surgery and microchip

Any animal who is already spayed/neutered is only $25 to adopt.

- Liscensed Rescues can pull for free!!!

If interested call and leave a message. You must put your name on their card. Very high-kill shelter! 83% Kill rate last year and we are working hard to change that!

-Anyone interested in sponsoring the animal for a better chance at adoption or needing help with transporting options, please message me (Caitlyn Townsendwww.facebook.com/CaitlynStoddard?ref=tn_tnmn">-http://www.facebook.com/CaitlynStoddard?ref=tn_tnmn ) via Facebook directly.

If you can't adopt or sponsor, please help us by trying to contact other rescues to take these animals in.

Kill dates are estimates, they are killed as space is needed for new intakes. Please be patient for updates. Thanks!

Where to Adopt

Columbus GA Animal Control
, Columbus, GA 31907

Advo



My stomach clenches, my jaw tightens, my throat constricts to the point of pain, my eyes mist with the unshed tears for this animal I don't even know. My day, well, my day seems just a little bit off from then on out. These animals that are dying are the animals that have been marred by people's ignorance, they aren't animals who have been taught that aggression is the only way to handle an issue. These animals are lovely, mostly well mannered, some times a bit older but by all means great animals.

Let's try and help these guys. Remember, next time you are looking for a dog. Go to the shelters. Go to the rescues. Or even if you aren't looking for a pup but just have the urge to help out. Get a pup from these kill shelters and then find him/her it's forever home!

No comments:

Post a Comment